Monday, April 09, 2007
Easter Fun
I remember mom making bunny cakes for Easter, and I've been wanting to try my hand at it for a few years now but just never got around to it. We had dinner for everyone at our house this year, so I thought it was the perfect time to give it a shot. What do you think??
Not bad for my first try, huh? I'm sort of proud of the little fella. It's super easy! All you do is make two round cakes. You leave one of them whole for the face, and cut the other one like this...
...and there you have the ears and the bow tie. The eyes, nose, and mouth are jelly beans, and and for the whiskers and bow I used those pull-apart Twizzlers (shoe string licorice would work too). I frosted it and stuck on a bunch of white coconut. Then I dyed some extra coconut pink, purple, and green with food coloring for the ears, bow tie, and grass. He was a big hit! I just might have to do this again every year. Very simple and very delicious! As a matter of fact...I think I'm going to go downstairs and have a piece of him right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too Cute! We do one also, but it isn't a flat cake. Picture cutting one round cake in half and placing them side by side with frosting in the middle. The head, ears and tail are cut out from the other round cake. We haven't made one in quite a long time, but my sister had one on the dessert table this year. Brought back some wonderful memories.
Post a Comment