Sunday, July 08, 2007

I've Been Tagged

There has been a game of tag going around the blogging community, and I've been "tagged" by my TAC upline Nancy over at JeansInkyHugs. I'm supposed to list seven random things about myself. Here goes...

  1. I don't like clowns. If there is a clown anywhere near, I will walk as far as I can out of the way to get away from it. They don't make me laugh but rather I find them disturbing. It's the fake painted-on smile hiding what's really underneath. Maybe I heard to many John Wayne Gacy stories as a child.
  2. I absolutely CANNOT listen to music without singing along. I can't help myself. I don't usually listen to music when I walk because I know I look pretty stupid walking down the street singing out loud.
  3. My dream is to live by a lake within the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in a beautiful log home. I better start playing the lottery, right? I've never even been to the Pacific Northwest, but I hope to at least see it someday.
  4. Paul likes to make fun of me because I say I don't like coconut, marshmallow, or things with cream in the middle but yet I love Hostess SnoBalls. Dad always used to come home with the green ones they come out with around St. Patrick's day, so they always make me think of dad.
  5. I don't cry at movies. I'm actually very sensitive and cry easily, but movies just don't make me cry. Well, unless you count the Notebook. That movie made me cry so hard I had to start laughing to stop myself from crying. Thankfully I watched it at home and not at the theater because I'm sure I looked like a total freak. I'm pretty sure I would cry watching Old Yeller too...if I allowed myself to watch it. I've never seen it, and I don't plan to.
  6. My favorite books to read are medical thrillers. Some of my favorite authors are Tess Gerritsen, Michael Palmer, Robin Cook, and Patricia Cornwell.
  7. I love the taste of mayonnaise and tomatoes together. I love tomato and cucumber sandwiches on Wonder bread with real mayo...NOT Miracle Whip (yuck!). Mmmmmmm.
Now I'm supposed to tag seven other bloggers. Since I really don't know anyone who hasn't already been tagged or wants to be tagged, I think I'm just going to make this an open invitation. If you're reading this and haven't been tagged and want to play along...you're it!

On a side note, I'm sorry I've been MIA for a little while. For those of you who don't know, my mom recently ended up in the ER with a HUGE kidney stone. When I say huge...I mean HUGE! It was about the size of a nickel. She underwent lithotripsy to crush it, but she stayed with us for a few days while recovering. Between that and trying to get caught up from the days missed at work, I haven't had a chance to stamp. I'm going through withdrawal and have a lot of ideas floating around my head, so hopefully I'll find the time soon! Mom is feeling better, though, so that's a good thing!

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Hugs to you and Mom Monica. Thanks for sharing your interesting story.