Saturday, November 03, 2007

Happy Digital Scrapbooking Day!

Some of you may be asking yourself, "What the heck does that mean??"

Digital scrapbooking basically involves creating scrapbook layouts on a computer using a digital imaging program. Since I'm running low on time this morning, I'm just going to let you read about it here... Digital Scrapbooking FAQs. This is something that has intrigued me for a while now. While the whole concept is still considered to be in its infancy, the Internet is just exploding with sites dedicated to this very rapidly growing "craft." What intrigued me the most is that the vast amount of freebies that can be found...perfect for those of us who are just getting our feet wet. I have been spending time over the last couple of months or so collecting different free kits and playing around a little bit. Some of this you have seen in the various blog banners that I have had up in the past month or two.

Anyway... this morning I created my very first "official" digital scrapbook layout. I have shrunk the size of this so it doesn't take forever to load for you; however, when printed out, this particular layout measures 6 x 6 inches. If you click on the picture, you will be able to see more detail. Now, keep in mind that I'm still new at this and have a lot yet to learn.

This layout was done using Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 2006 and the mini-kit "Millie"by Lindsay Jane Designs.

While there is no way I'll ever completely abandon traditional scrapbooking, this is definitely something I will continue to play around with and see where it takes me!

Well, I have to run. I need to take a shower and then Abby and I are going to mom's to stamp.

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Haven't dabbled with the digi stuff myself yet, but I sure do like what you've been doing with it. That journaling on Abbés page is so beautiful Monica.