Saturday, February 07, 2009

Simple Saturday


It sure was nice out today with a record-breaking high of 52 degrees. This has been such a horrible winter that I'm seeing today as a glimmer of hope from the Devil himself trying to lift me out of my winter doldrums only so I can come crashing down again when it snows on Wednesday. This is just too weird for February.

We actually stayed in today. Paul's not feeling good. It's something with his throat. While he was taking a nap I stepped out into the back yard with Abby to breathe a little fresh air. Of course, when we came back in I had to clean the kitchen floor of the mud that she tracked in. Woof!

I wish there was such a thing as "smellinet" so you could smell the aroma of the huge pot roast that I put in the slow cooker this morning. I think it's driving Abby insane. She keeps just keeps staring at me. We're going to have a lot of leftovers off of this baby 'cause we bought it at Sam's Club. I'm envisioning BBQ sandwiches...beef & noodles.... and who knows what else. Yum-o!

Here's a peek at the final outcome...

No comments: