
Here's something I've never heard of before. I just read this in the paper the other day. Apparently the salt that the county uses to spread on the roads in the winter has gone up in price so they're looking for ways to spread it a little thinner this season. In an effort to do so they are borrowing an idea from a neighboring county. Their plans are to spray beet juice on the county roads before the snow falls. Apparently something in the beet juice acts as a de-icer to keep the falling snow from adhering to the pavement and they won't have to use as much salt. They county didn't have all the equipment it needs before this week's storm, so they haven't been able to try it out yet, but they're working on it. Is that wild or what? I wonder who first came up with this idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment