Thursday, June 04, 2009

What's New?

Not much. Nothing blog-worthy going on here. Since spring has arrived and the weather has been halfway descent, we've spent a lot of time trying to get things done around here. Paul's been working hard on the yard trying to get it looking a little better. I've done a lot of weeding and hosing down of the front of the house. Our next step there is repainting the peeling porch rails. I've already started the prep work for that. Besides working and watching all the season finales on TV, that's about all that is going on. I have had no desire whatsoever to do any kind of crafting, card-making, or whatever since I finished that last Mother's Day card project. I only wound up selling one card during mom's jewelry show. See...that's exactly why I don't like to do that for money. It totally turns me off. I knew better than to even try.

We went to a drive-in movie last Saturday night. There is a theater about an hour south of here that Paul has been really wanting to check out. He just loves the nostalgia of it all. Since they were playing Night At The Museum 2 and Wolverine, two movies I wanted to see, I let him twist my arm into finally going. There are people who keep trying to open one up in town, but even if they could finally get it approved, I don't know if I would go. It just wouldn't the same in a big city with the type of people that live here. It's a whole different feel in a small town.

Like my cartoon version of happy Paul reaching for his soda?

Speaking of happy Paul...he's not going to be so happy tomorrow morning. He's having three teeth pulled. It has taken him a long time to get to the point where he'll actually do this. The last time our dentist said the word "surgery" he pretty much ran the other way and never looked back. I finally got him to agree to go back. He had a long talk with the dentist regarding his concerns. See, the last time he had any teeth pulled was in the Navy. Apparently the US military in the early 90's didn't care too much about pain control. They just pretty much yank your mouth open, yank out the teeth, and send you back to work. Not a pleasant experience I can only imagine. Our dentist assured him that things will not be like that this time. After their talk, he felt comfortable enough to go through with it. Poor guy. He has been promised as much KFC mashed potatoes and gravy as he wants (his favorite)! I hope it goes well for him. I keep teasing him about this "surgery," but I shouldn't do that. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes tomorrow morning!

No comments: