Friday, June 26, 2009

Food For Thought Friday


Breakfast
What is your favorite part of the summertime?

Grilling out. Longer days...so you don't feel like it's time to go to bed when you get home from work because it's so dark outside. The feeling of the cool air conditioning when you first step inside from the sweltering heat. Being able to go outside without having to bundle up. Watermelon. Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. The smell of freshly cut grass. Painting my toenails so I can wear sandals. Less traffic in the mornings since school is out.

Lunch
How was this week different than others?

Well...there was no leaking water or exploding trains, so I guess that's different than the last few weeks have been.

Dinner
What did you think of Michael Jackson?

He was an icon and I'm shocked and saddened by his passing. It's tragic. I often felt sorry for him. He didn't have a childhood and no privacy in later years and look what it turned him into. He'll never again have to hear the things people say about him.

Midnight Snack
What do you have planned for this weekend?

I'm working Saturday, but besides that we hope to get done we didn't get to do last weekend...work out in the yard...power-wash the siding, work on painting the porch railing, etc. Oh, and give Ms. Abigail a bath and a haircut so she looks purty and smells sweet for her visits with her favorite peeps.

Recipe for the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. ~ Michael Jackson

No comments: