Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Anyone Need A Vacuum?

I have a crappy Hoover you can have. There is a new sheriff around these parts, folks, and his name is Animal!

It's a Dyson Animal! Isn't he purty!! This was an anniversary and early birthday present for both of us from mom. She bought it from Bob and Jerry!

I've never been so excited to vacuum in my life. I have been wanting one of these ever since I found out about them. With the way Abby sheds, we needed something stronger than we had, and according to John Dyson, his vacuums "never lose suction." I have read a lot of great reviews about it and stare longingly at them every time we go to Target, but I am waaaaay to cheap to pay $500 for a vacuum. It just so happened that Jerry was wanting to sell hers and she remembered mom talking about how I would love one!

Mom brought it over the other night to surprise us and then we went out to dinner. As soon as we got home, I sat down with the instruction manual and then took it for a test drive. Paul had just vacuumed the living room the day before...the morning of Mother's Day...so the carpet shouldn't have been too bad, right? I mean, it looked okay. Never mind Paul threatening to shave Abby bald by the time he was done. So anyway, I plugged it in and started with the area behind the love seat...the walkway from the front door to the kitchen. After I vacuumed that area, I had to empty the canister. Oh my gosh!! I couldn't believe all the hair and dust that thing sucked out of the carpet! I then proceeded to vacuum the rest of the living room. I emptied the canister a total of three times. Wads of hair came up! It's crazy! I haven't attempted the stairs yet, but I can't wait to see what comes out of them because our old vacuum did a horrible job with stairs.

Here's a picture of Abby with her new friend...looking not so thrilled (she's terrified of vacuums).

Anyway, I just wanted to share my new possession with you and just dance around a little saying, "I got a Dyson...I got a Dyson...I got a Dyson!!" LOL

I must be getting old. If you would have asked me 20 years ago if I would have ever gotten this excited over a vacuum, I would have thought you were crazy!

Now I'll have clean floors and Abby will get to keep her hair. wink

Thanks mom (and Abby thanks you too)!

1 comment:

Creative Escape said...

Okay, you are totally making me laugh!

I have a Dyson as well, and the running joke around our house is that the Dyson sucks the dirt through the foundation of the floors!

I wouldn't live without a Dyson (I love 'em)

Hugs,
Jen