Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all you mom's out there had a happy Mother's Day, including both those with two- and four-legged children alike. We had mom and her friend over for brunch this morning, which consisted of your choice of strawberry, blueberry, or cherry crepes; cinnamon rolls; bacon; scrambled eggs; and coffee and OJ. This was my first attempt at making crepes. Paul ordered some while we were in Door County and really liked them, so he suggested maybe we try those. I was a little nervous about trying something new on a holiday, but what better guinea pig than good ol' mom. wink Even if they were horrible, she would say they were good. However, I do have to say that they turned out pretty good. I practiced on one before they arrived, and it was a complete disaster. By the time she was there to watch, I looked like I knew what I was doing...even though I had no clue. I should have taken a picture. I had my camera sitting there the whole time but didn't get any pictures. Shame on me! sad

After they left and I took quite a long nap on the couch, we went over to Paul's aunt's house and took her some flowers and a card and sat and visited with them for a couple hours.

One thing I did get pictures of is the cards. Yeah, leave it to me...get pictures of the cards but not the people. I really need to work on that.


____________________
Details - Card #1:
Stamp: Garden Collage (SU), Happy Mother's Day (Hero Arts)
Ink: Metallic chalks; Chocolate (CTMH)
Paper: Cardstock - Close to Cocoa (SU), Blush (CTMH); Patterned - CTMH
Accessories: Blender pen (SU), dew drops, foam dimensionals, ribbon
Details - Card #2:
Stamp: Buzz in the Air! (Penny Black Margaret Sherry Collection)
Ink:
Chocolate, Blush (CTMH); Barely Banana, Mellow Moss (SU)
Paper: Watercolor paper; Cardstock - Close to Cocoa (SU), white; Patterned - CTMH
Accessories: Watercolor brush, Prima flowers, dew drops, computer-generated sentiment, large oval punch (SU), Mega circle punch (Marvy), Giga scalloped circle punch (Marvy)

No comments: