Anyway, getting back to all the veggies, I spent some time preparing some green beans to enjoy through the winter. I hope I did it right because I'm usually not this resourceful. I would have preferred to vacuum seal them, but I'm out of bags and didn't feel like going out, so I just used plain old freezer bags and pressed out as much air as I could.

While I was in the kitchen, and since we didn't feel like going out, we tried a new recipe for dinner. BBQ chicken pizzas. I've made them before, but these were made using flatbread. We really like the BBQ chicken flatbread pizza from Granite City, so we thought we would try our hand at them. The crust is super duper thin...almost like a cracker. We actually didn't have a recipe but just decided to wing it. We found what we thought would work for the "crust" at the store. They're called Flatout Wraps. Turns out not only were they pretty tasty as the crust, but they're also very healthy. I poached some chicken and we used a Bull's Eye Sweet & Tangy BBQ sauce that Paul doctored up a little bit...much to my chagrin. He's always trying to doctor things up and I'm always trying to get him to go with the basics at first. Anyway, we chopped up the chicken and coated it in sauce. We spread a layer of BBQ sauce on the wrap and then topped it with the chicken, red onion, a mixture of mozzarella , provolone, and cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. Here's our finished creation. I have to say it tasted very similar to Granite City's.
1 comment:
Yes, yes, yes Monica. These are wonderful ways to make a more healthy pizza especially for diabetics. I always buy the ones with less carbs to make mine.
Post a Comment