Saturday, August 23, 2008

Salutations!

It's Virtual Stamp Weekend over at Splitcoast, so in order to get my mind off my upcoming surgery on Monday morning, I decided to participate in a few of the challenges. This one was posted last night. The theme this month is books. I've always been an avid reader and seem to always have a book that I'm in the middle of. Sometimes it takes me forever to get through them because my interest comes in spurts. I won't be able to put it down for a few nights in a row, then I won't touch it for a month, and then I'll pick it back up and finish it in a few nights.

The first challenge I completed is called "The Story of Chicken Little." When I first read that, I thought the challenge would be making a card with a chicken on it. Boy, was I wrong. ayam The title and theme was chosen because Chicken Little was the hostess' favorite book as a child. The challenge was actually to find inspiration from your favorite childhood storybook and make a card representing that story. I had to think about this one because I don't know if I necessarily had a favorite storybook in childhood, but I do know I've always like the story "Charlotte's Web," so I decided to use that for my inspiration.



Charlotte: Salutations.
Wilbur: Salu-what?
Charlotte: Salutations.
Wilbur: What are they? And where are you?
Charlotte: Salutations is my fancy way of saying hello.

This card was VERY hard to photograph, as it's a window card with the web stamped with Staz-On ink on acetate. It was hard to photograph without picking up some glare. Notice Charlotte in the lower right-hand corner. There is a strip across the bottom of the inside that says, "That's my fancy way of saying hello!!"

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Too cute!