


Sorry for my lack of posting in the last week or so. I don't see it getting any better in the immediate future. Things have been crazy busy...and I do mean CRAZY....at work. We are so overloaded that it's not even funny. Actually...all we can do is laugh about it, so I guess it is funny. I worked all last week plus Saturday and will be doing the same this week. I feel like my boss and I are the only ones in the entire state working any overtime right now. Don't get me wrong...I'm thankful for the extra hours. I will be when I get my paycheck anyway. I'm thankful to have a job period, but I have been exhausted when I get home. It has been taking a toll on my eyes and my hands/wrists/elbows. My boss is starting to have shoulder pain. If the two of us fall apart, I don't know what they're going to do. Seriously. The sad thing is that we are busting our butts now in an attempt to keep up (which is impossible) only to have it all taken away from us down the road with the implementation of the electronic health record. Well, maybe not all taken away, but who knows. We're hanging on to a tiny shred of hope that a few of us will still be needed. "They" make promises, but you know how that is.We need to start playing the lottery.
I am so much looking forward to our trip to Door County in a couple of weeks. It will be so nice to get away for the weekend. Please keep your fingers crossed for good weather for us! I'm going to try really hard not to feel guilty for taking a Friday off in the midst of stacks of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment