Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why Do The Weekends Go By So Fast?

We're back from our weekend get-away to Door County. We had a nice time while we were there and actually kept pretty busy, but now that we're back to the daily grind, it just seems like the weekend flew by. I hardly took any pictures this time. It was our third time there, and we stayed in the exact same room we always stay in. We request it every time because of the beautiful view.



We did a lot of the same things we always do...eating, shopping, Pirate's Cove mini golf, drive-in movie. Playing this time was 17 Again and He's Just Not That Into You. Not exactly what Paul would pick to see. 17 Again was cute. The other one was b-o-r-i-n-g. I actually stayed awake through it all though. Usually I fall asleep at the beginning of the second movie.

I was really hoping the cherry trees would be in bloom this time. That's one reason we went a couple of weeks later than our anniversary. No such luck. A few of the trees had a few blooms, but it's going to be another week or so before they are in full bloom. The weather was half-way descent. It rained a bit on Friday night during the movie. Saturday was sunny but VERY windy...which along the water means COLD!! Sunday was beautiful, so we hung around until about 4:30 doing some more shopping and fitting in another lunch...and a sundae at Wilsons. Neither one of us wanted to leave, although I was missing Miss Abby...who stayed with mom and Mr. Sheldon.

Well, I've got to get to work.

No comments: