On tomorrows menu: Grilled shrimp with Cuban corn. Hmmm.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Change Of Plans
Today's experiment was supposed to be coconut curry chicken. I emphasize the word "supposed." When I was putting together the grocery list for the week, I swear I asked Paul if we had any curry, and I swear he said yes. Well, we don't. He swears I never asked, and if I did, he would have said no. I don't know. Maybe I asked if we had any cumin. Sometimes I get the names of those two spices mixed up. Anyway, I started the rice cooking and chopped up the chicken. I rummaged through the spice cabinet looking for the curry just as Paul got home from work. That's when I discover we don't have any.
Now what am I going to do? The rice is already in the rice cooker. I thought about just saving the rice and making fried rice some time later on and just going out to dinner. I came very close to going with that idea. Instead I went up to the computer and looked for another recipe for chicken and rice. I found this one...Aloha Chicken. I tweaked the recipe a bit and it turned out really good. Whoo-hoo!
Sorry for the blurry picture. I was hungry...didn't have lunch.
On tomorrows menu: Grilled shrimp with Cuban corn. Hmmm.
On tomorrows menu: Grilled shrimp with Cuban corn. Hmmm.
Labels:
Cooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment