Saturday, September 27, 2008
Some Things Are Just Better Fried
Since evening came much too early and I didn't get to the shrimp that was supposed to be Friday's meal, I'm pushing that forward to tomorrow and I went ahead and got back on track with the last meal of my experiment, which really won't be the last meal since I'm making the shrimp tomorrow. On today's menu was Cajun chicken fingers. There was a tip next to the recipe that said to go a little bit healthier you can bake these instead of frying them, which I did. Let me just say this...anything coated in cornmeal is better fried. The texture out of the oven was kind of grainy, but they still tasted alright I guess. For dipping we used Ken's Honey Mustard. Paul made some mac & cheese to go with it while I sauteed up some zucchini and seasoned it with a little Cajun seasoning and a little garlic powder. Not too bad.
Labels:
Cooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment