Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wow...Spicy!

I cooked the last of my experiment Rachael Ray meals on Sunday...kind of. I made the shrimp but not the Cuban corn because we decided to grill steaks and have steak and shrimp and baked potato. It started getting dark again, so I cooked the shrimp on the stove using a grill pan.


Paul took a bite of the shrimp and looked over at me and kind of grinned. He asked me if I tried the strimp yet. He said it had a little bit of a kick to it. I took a bite. Holy cow! The thing is is that the recipe calls for 2 pounds of shrimp...which is a lot of shrimp for the two of us. I didn't realize how much it was until I got home with it. I chose the jumbo shrimp (of which two pounds came to $22 by the way...ouch). I separated it when I got home into three bags of 10 shrimp each. So...I only used 10 shrimp, but I didn't cut the recipe by a third. The recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne peper. I used all 1/4 teaspoon on 10 shrimp. Whew! Paul loved it.

No comments: