Friday, December 28, 2007

Gift In A Jar

Here is another of handmade gifts that I made to exchange with Paul's family. This is a jarful of the ingredients for German chocolate cookies. All they have to do is add two eggs and a half cup of oil to these ingredients, form the dough into balls, and bake. I found the recipe in a blog post by Nancy at Paper Smiles. I made a sample batch to make sure it made a good cookie. We both really liked them. I took a plate of the cookies with on Christmas Eve, and they were a big hit...especially with Paul's uncle, whose favorite cake is German chocolate.

Sorry the picture isn't the best. I was practically finishing them up and packing them in the gift bags on the way out the door. I had a lot of fun putting this together, and I hope to be able to do more of these "gifts in a jar" in the future.

No comments: