Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! I'm definitely feeling the crunch of Christmas. All this overtime I'm working is really cutting into my free time, and any free time I have to normally post and stamp and such is being taking up by holiday preparations. We had our department Christmas party for work on Thursday and had a potluck and gift exchange, so I spent a lot of time preparing the food to bring to that...mini ham and turkey sandwiches plus some of mom's caramel corn that she gave me a lesson on how to make Wednesday evening. Saturday evening was the college's holiday party and we had some of my coworkers over for games after the party. Can you guess what we were doing from the time I left work on Saturday until we left for the party...cleaning!!! The house was a disaster, but we managed to whip it into shape. Paul has been amazingly helpful to me...from helping make those mini sandwiches to helping to clean!
There is still so much to do! I can't believe Christmas is a week from tomorrow! We haven't even made our Christmas cards yet!!!!

We do have it designed (Paul even helped with that this year!!). We were going to work on them tonight, but we had a pretty full day today. We sat down to eat tonight and decided to watch a movie that Paul had bought while we were out shopping. He bought a collection of the Fantastic Four movies. He has been wanting me to watch them for the longest time, so I gave in tonight and we watched the first one. It was good, but I was so tired that I really struggled to stay awake through it all and as soon as the credits rolled I was out like a light and didn't wake up until 2:30 a.m. I would still be sleeping if Abby didn't have to go outside. Paul fell asleep on the other couch, and she woke him up too. So much for working on the Christmas cards. Now that is on the docket for tonight. We're keeping them fairly simple this year, so hopefully with the two of us working on them it will go quickly.
Anyway, I have quite a few pictures to post, and I hope I will get a chance to over the next couple of days. Today was an interesting day. I feel like I've been from one extreme to the other. Last weekend we went out to the tree farm because I've been wanting to go each year but something always comes up. I took some pictures of the animals, but it was getting dark so they didn't turn out very well. Today we decided to go back and take Abby. This place is VERY dog friendly...as they have 13 golden retrievers living on the property! Yes...you read that right...
13 golden retrievers!!! Their cafe even has a section where you can sit with your dog. Last week when we went, we only saw two of the dogs. This week there were probably 6 or 7 roaming around. I swear, I could sit there forever by the fire just watching them mingle with the people. Oh, and check this out...this is what we were sitting by...

One of the goldens had puppies not that long ago. Is that not he cutest thing you have ever seen???!!!! When we sat down to eat, they were playing with each other and frolicking around their pen. By the time I got up to take a picture, they had conked out in one big pile.
This place to me is like heaven on earth. After that, we came home and rested for about 10 minutes and then headed off to visit what I like to refer to as hell on earth. That would be Walmart at Christmastime.

That's what I mean when I say I feel like I have been from one extreme to the other.
Well, I have to go. My alarm is going to be going off in 1-1/2 hours, so I better get to bed...and I still have to peruse the Stampin' Up catalog so I can email mom with what I want to order because I promised her I would do that this weekend. Like I said, I have more pictures to post, and I will do that as soon as I can!
1 comment:
You must slow down and get yourself some rest and SLEEP girl! This the season to catch the flu and feel all run down ya know!!! Better get yourself some Air Borne and drink it down to keep your immune system in good shape. Love that photo of the pups and now I know what to ask Santa to place in my stocking this year. Gosh Monica they are so beautiful! Must have been a very special time for you and Paul.
Post a Comment