It snowed earlier and now there is freezing rain. Bad news for the roads. We were out in it a little bit today because we both had to work. Of course, my car picks this weekend to be sick, so Paul had to take me to work and pick me up. He was going to go back to work, but the roads were starting to get bad, so I persuaded him with the offer of stopping for lunch if he didn't go back.
As far as my car...we don't know what is wrong with it. It starts and doesn't really act like it wants to die, but there is a grating sound in the engine. Doesn't sound very healthy. We're calling the mechanic on Monday morning. Of course, this happens right at the time when Paul gets an extra check (three Fridays in November), which was going to be used for Christmas presents.
Anyway...in honor of the weather outside, I used the opportunity to create yet another "winter" card. I bought this ribbon the last time I was at Archiver's because I liked the color combo, so I used that as the color combo for the entire card. These colors to me are very "icy." Notice how they match the colors in my banner.


Now I'm going to go downstairs and see if Paul would like a cup of cocoa. Who wants to bet that he'll say yes?
________________________
Card Details:
Stamp: Great Impressions
Ink: SU! Cool Caribbean and Pretty in Pink; Palette Noir
Paper: Watercolor paper; Cardstock - SU! Cool Caribbean and Pretty In Pink, misc. brown; Patterned - DCWV
Accessories: Sakura Lightening gel pen, SU! blender pen, ribbon, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, SU! Ticket Corner punch
1 comment:
Hey girly, are your sure your name isn't Gail? Things like this always happen to me. I can never have any extra money because something always comes up. Sorry it hit you at such a stinking rotten time of the year.
Love the card and yes of course the colors. Very sweet!
We are getting your storm tonight and tomorrow they are predicting up to 14 inches and I'm not too happy about it either, but like you will probably stamp a winter card to say the heck with it and go with the flow.
Post a Comment