This card was done for a challenge using the "The Princess Bride" as inspiration. The Princess Bride is an oft-quoted 1987 movie based on a 1973 novel. It's a tale of both true love and adventure. It's been a while since I have seen the movie, but for some reason some of the lines just stick with you. "As you wish" is a big one. One of Paul's favorites is, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. " My inspiration didn't come from any of the quotes, but rather from a character's name. The main characters are Westley and Buttercup.

Actually, this is something I say to Abby quite often. When she comes walking into the room I'll say, "What's up, Buttercup?" I'm really surprised the poor dog even knows her real name. "Let's go, Pinocchio," is another one she hears all the time. I'm weird...I know.
2 comments:
CUTE!! I LOVE IT. -- Sheila
Hi Monica,
I added your blog to my Google Reader and just found this ADORABLE "What's up Buttercup?" card! I use that saying too and *love* this card! :)
Post a Comment