Sunday, March 29, 2009

Color Challenge

Today was a super lazy day for both of us. We really didn't feel like doing much of anything. I had a busy week at work and a busy day yesterday, so it was nice to just chill out. I did manage to churn out this card between my magazine reading and napping. I've really enjoyed looking at all the color challenges that are out there lately. It's amazing how a group of people can take the same four colors (or however many) and make cards that are so completely different. I guess that's why I like the sketch challenges too. Anyway, I just found this challenge today and decided to play along. Here are this week's colors...

Celery is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors. Here's my card...


Did I ever tell you that back at the end of last year I was accepted onto the Stampin' Up! Survey Panel?? I don't think I mentioned that. Once a week I take a survey about Stampin' Up! products and after three months and completing at least 80% of the surveys I receive a goodie box from Stampin' Up. How cool is that?! Anyway, last month I received a box from them containing the Eastern Blooms stamp set, a Certainly Celery stamp pad, and a package of rub-ons! This is the first time I've used the stamp set.
______________________
Details:
Stamps: SU! Eastern Blooms and Sincere Salutations
Paper: Cardstock: SU! Close to Cocoa and Whisper White; Patterned: Cloud 9 Designs (green) and Bo Bunny.
Ink: CTMH Chocolate, Impress marker #10 Teal

7 comments:

Marie said...

Very nice! I especially like the second-generation branch that you stamped -- gives it nice dimension.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

The dsp rocks!!! Fabulous job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Lynn P. said...

Love that stamp - very pretty

Anonymous said...

Monica you do such a good job on the card and thank you for walking me trough the comment
Jackie

Maureen V said...

thats just gorgeous!

Sylvia said...

Very nicely done, your card is pretty!

Winter said...

This is so pretty! Love that patterned paper! Glad you could join us for the challenge!