Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thru A Dog's Eyes

Today Paul and I spent 90 minutes listening to the ultimate "pack leader" share his advice and common sense method of training dogs. We had tickets to see the Dog Whisperer himself, Cesar Millan.


I was so excited when I heard months ago that he was coming to town to do a benefit for the Discovery Center, and I ordered the tickets as soon as they went on sale. We had pretty good seats--on the floor, center, 12 rows back. Of course we paid quite a bit for them too...$75 a ticket! I assumed he was going to give a lecture of some sort, but it was actually a 90 Q&A session with the audience. I wrote down a question (before I knew that they wanted you to stand up when your question was read), but it wasn't one selected. I enjoyed it a lot...he's a riot! Paul even enjoyed it more than he thought he would. It was neat being in the same room with his "calm, submissive energy!" From the reaction of the audience when he first walked out on stage, you would think he was a rock star. The theater was packed. I don't know if it was sold out because I couldn't see up into the balcony, but there were sure a lot of people there. It was emceed by my favorite local weatherman who is a dog lover (and golden retriever owner) himself.

I snapped a couple of pictures but figured we were too far away for them to be really good. I took two with the flash off and and one with it on.




I have a lot of respect for this man and what he has done for all breeds of dogs. I'm really glad we went! tepuktangan

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

I love him also Monica. I watch his show all the time and I don't even own a dog. Glad you had a great night out with a perfect speaker/trainer!