Monday, May 14, 2007

Door County Pics Round 2

Across the road from the resort was the Ephraim Visitors Center...also closed; however, it had a very cool porch perfect for taking pics of the sunset (stay tuned for those pics later).



Daffodils must be the flower of the county because they were everywhere...and all yellow and white. This was about the only thing blooming at the time.
!


I was told by a few people before we left that it's tradition to eat breakfast at Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant. Look at this place...

Yes, that is grass on the roof. Apparently in the warmer months they have goats up there eating that grass. How wild is that?! The atmosphere in the place was very interesting. The waitresses were dressed in authentic costumes...including clogs. Can you imagine waitressing all day in hard clogs?! I think not! The food was okay. Personally, I think the Swedish pancakes at our local restaurant are much better, but Paul liked this place better. I've never been to a place that serves Swedish meatballs for breakfast. I didn't order any, but the lady at the next table did. They looked good...just not for breakfast!

That's it for now. I have to go have myself a piece of pie left over from yesterday!

No comments: