Thursday, May 31, 2007

Peonies

I just wanted to show off the peonies that mom picked out of her yard and brought with when she came over for Memorial Day. Aren't they gorgeous?! They look beautiful in that vase (which, of course, was hand-painted by her years ago). I took this picture on Monday, but they still look this good...and the house smells wonderful!

She wants me to dig them up and plant them in our yard before she moves out of her house, which I will gladly do!

You know, I need to put it on my to-do list to sit down with the book that came with this new camera of ours and actually learn how to use it. It's a bit more complicated than previously thought. I think it has the power to take great pictures, but I'm still working on that. Either that or I need to just give up on taking awesome pictures and leave that to Barry. He's the great photographer in the family.

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Beautiful indeed Monica. When you decide to plant your mom's, just remember that they don't like to be put in too deep. They may not blossom next year after replanting, but should do ok after that. It's so great to be able to pass down plants like this. I have some of my grandmothers plants that are over 50 years old. Imagine that! And my cousin has her climbing rose bushes that are probably even older than that.