I was in the middle of my whole garage sale pricing spree on Friday afternoon when I remembered that I have a swap due Tuesday! Uh-oh! For some reason, I was thinking that this one was due on the 20th. As I was pricing some stamps to sell, I ran across the little log I keep of my swaps and saw the due date of 05/15! I didn't even have a plan for it yet! I'm notorious for waiting until the last minute, but this is cutting it a little too close for comfort. After I finished pricing the stamps, I sat down and went to work. This was a swap using one of the Two-Step stamps by Stampin' Up. When I first signed up I had planned to use Terrific Tulips, but since I'm holding mom's SU stamps for safe-keeping while she is in the middle of getting ready to move, I thought I would just borrow her Roses in Winter set. I don't know why I never bought this set for myself because I absolutely love it! I've wanted it all along, but other sets just kept getting pushed ahead of that one. Just a reminder...if you really like this set, it's on the
retired list, so you better get it before the end of June!
Anyway, here's what I came up with...


Because I just stamped the whole sheet and then cut it apart, it was a fairly quick process. Plus, of course, as I said I was going to do after my last swap (the chef), this was only for 5 + 1. I just don't have the patience to make 10 + 1. Six cards is just right.
For this I used the In Colors Cranberry Crisp and Vintage Violet for both the cardstock and ink (which will also not be available after the end of June, so you better hurry) with a little Mellow Moss thrown in for the leaves. The sentiment was embossed using Adirondack Cranberry embossing powder (which happens to go nicely with the Cranberry Crisp).
You know, I would save myself a lot of money if I would just get these done ahead of time so I wouldn't have to send them Priority every time. I have another one due on the 30th, and I really should get started on it this weekend. Will I? Probably not. Right now I have to make mom's Mother's Day card and then head to the store to pick up some steaks to cook on the grill later. Hopefully it will stop raining!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mother...or has a mother...or whatever! I hope you have a wonderful day. I got a nice present from Miss Abby this morning...muddy paw prints all over the kitchen floor. Yippee.
No comments:
Post a Comment