We spent hours online looking for the perfect place for us. We thought about a bed and breakfast, and let me tell you...there are plenty of those to choose from up there. Then we thought about an Inn...or just a regular old hotel. Then we had to decide if we wanted something in the woods or by the water.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
We kept saying to ourselves that we need Lisa 'cause she always finds the cool places. Finally, after looking at the website of just about every single place up there, we found this one...the Edgewater Resort. Because it was just at the end of their quiet season (shops an restaurants were just starting to open for the season, as a matter of fact) we were able to get a two-room suite with a fireplace, whirlpool, and kitchenette complete with stove, fridge, microwave, and all that good stuff...plus a fabulous view of the bay....for only $139 a night. Is that good? I don't even know. It sounded good to us, though...especially when comparing it to their peak season prices! I know we could have found something a lot cheaper, but we don't do things like this very often and we wanted to splurge on something nice.
The room we stayed in was in the original part of the building built in 1874. We were above the Old Post Office Restaurant...aptly named because it used to be the post office for Ephriam back in 1900. Before that it was their general store. It has been renovated (obviously) since then...I think in 1999. As luck would have it, the restaurant wasn't open yet for the season, so we didn't have to worry about that causing any noise!
Ugh. What's with my hair here?
Anyway, that's all I have time for now. I have to get pricing! You really have to watch me when it comes to getting ready for a garage sale. If it's not tied down, I just might sell it. I see it as my change to purge! Hey...where is Abby anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment