Saturday, May 19, 2007

Why Is It?

Why does it seem that every time you find something that you really like, they take it away? I stopped at Panera on the way home from mom's garage sale this afternoon to treat myself to an IC Cappuccino Chip. This is tiny chewy cappuccino chips & icy espresso topped with whipped cream. It's served with a wide straw so you can suck the cappuccino chips through it, and it's mighty tasty. I don't order one very often, and I consider it a treat. It was in th 80's today, I'm tired, and I just really wanted one. I go in and place my order and this is what the girl says to me... "Just so you know...after the 23rd, these will be gone." Just so I know, huh? Well thanks for nothin'. I'm just so disappointed. It's the same with this barbecue chicken pizza we found a couple of months ago at the pizza joint four blocks from our house. Paul just loves barbecue chicken pizza, and these guys made it really good. They've been open for a couple of years. They made pretty good Italian beef, and the meat sauce for there pasta wasn't bad. This pizza, however, was really good. We decided last week that we wanted one for dinner. Paul calls to order..."This number has been disconnected." We find somewhere else to go and pass this place on our way out of the neighborhood. Their sign was down...out of business. Another disappointment.

I'm just going to stop saying that I like anything. Hey, Monica and Paul like us, we can take that away and close up shop now!

That's my pet peeve of the day.

Today was the last day of mom's garage sale. She didn't do too bad at all. Friday was a lot slower than we thought and today started out to be the same way, but as the day went on, more and more people drifted in. We were going to close it at noon but wound up staying open until 4. Paul and I made $75 with what we had in it. That will buy some mulch for our yard anyway.

Well, that's about all for today. I am plum tuckered out. Paul is on his way home from golfing and is picking up dinner on the way. Maybe Taco John's...unless they closed too.

No comments: