Sunday, November 16, 2008

Food For Thought


Breakfast
What are you looking most forward to in the next week?

Lunch out with the girls at work. Having lunch with Sheila and her family to celebrate her 40th birthday. babai Watching CSI...should be a good one. Visitors for Thanksgiving!

Lunch
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Actually probably a lot of things. I think fear of failure keeps me from doing a lot of things I would like to do. Even something as simple as scrapbooking. I love it but I just don't do it much anymore because I I feel it has to be perfect. I've been putting off scrapbooking our wedding for over 12 years now because it just won't be perfect enough. Stupid, I know. I just yesterday read a really good article in the current issue of Good Housekeeping called "The Thread Of Life." It was basically about weight loss and how no one is going to live forever so we need to start enjoying the life we have now, no matter the size of our thighs, before time runs out. It's so true and this concept can be applied to many other areas of our lives apart from our weight. Many people given the news that their days are numbered start living the life they have always wanted to live. The article basically explained how everyone's days are numbered, we just don't know the number, so what is stopping us from being fully alive and enjoying every moment.

Dinner
If you could choose to get rid of one animal on earth, what would it be?

Are you kidding me? Sorry...I just can't do that. Okay...so maybe snakes.

Midnight Snack
If your life were a made for TV program, would it be a reality show, documentary, sit-com, cartoon, drama series, or a talk show?

A combination of a sit-com, drama, and talk show. Whatever it would be, it would be the most boring hour on television...I can tell you that much. No one would watch it. Nothing exciting going on here. Paul would say his would be exactly like the movie "The Truman Show." There must be a big director in the sky saying to everyone, "Okay...here comes Paul...you two...stand in the middle of that parking space...you...get out of your car NOW...when he gets in the store remember everyone SLOW DOWN.

Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?)

Live the life you have. Love the body you've got.

No comments: