Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Okay, So I Lied

Remember my Food For Thought post from Sunday where I said the thing I was most grateful for at that moment was that I didn't have strep throat. Well, I take that back. I got a call from the immediate care clinic this evening. The rapid strep test was negative, but the culture that they sent out came back positive. They called in a prescription for an antibiotic right away. I've been at work the last couple of days spreading my germs around. The health department was at the school today to give the employees their flu shots, and I decided to not get mine. I usually do, but I wasn't sure if I should this time with being sick. I read online that it should be okay if you don't have a fever. I'm glad now I decided against it.

Anyway, that's my big news for today. I guess I'll change what I'm grateful for is that I did decide to go to the doctor and am now on antibiotics. star

I have one more thing for you today. Here is a picture of Abby posing in her new Christmas collar that mom made her. It's hard to get a good angle where her long hair doesn't cover it up.


She's so silly. I was on my way upstairs this past weekend when I told her to come upstairs when she gets a chance to try on her new collar. A few minutes later, here she comes and sits down in front of me. I take her old collar off and put her new one on and then she sat patiently while I adjusted the settings on my camera. She posed for some pictures and then I changed the collars back, saving this one for closer to Christmas, and she promptly sauntered off to go about her business. She's such a good girl.

No comments: