This is ridiculous! I don't know how much more the Midwest can take. On the morning of August 7th, approximately 7 inches of rain fell on the city. Remember my post from last year around Labor Day? Well, it happened again. All those people whose homes were flooded last time had just finished getting their lives back in order, and because the city did nothing but talk about the problem...the same thing happened again; however, this time it was worse and most of the people who didn't have their homes condemned last time had it happen this time.
It's not just us, though. I'm sure you've all read the news about the floods in Northern Ohio today due to two storm systems colliding. What is going on with this weather?! Really makes you wonder, doesn't it.
Anyway, I had a little free time tonight, so I wanted to make a card. I was going through some House Mouse images that I received in an image swap, and I found this one. I thought it was cute and fit perfectly with the whole subject of rain. I didn't really have a sentiment to fit, so I searched the net and found this quote by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." It thought it fit!

Stay dry everyone!

1 comment:
Perfect card for the occasion Monica. Stay dry girly! We had all that rain back in the spring and through almost the entire month of July.
Post a Comment